Last updated on July 3rd, 2022 at 10:53 am
Who is Andrew Yang?
Andrew Yang is a well-known and intelligent American businessman who is also a politician and an author. Yang was initially recognized as a lawyer, but he later decided to start his own start-ups and grow his own businesses. Yang is the founder of the non-profit organization Venture For America. Andrew ran for mayor of New York, but after a poor showing, he decided to call it quits.
Quick Facts of Andrew Yang
|Full Name:||Andrew Yang|
|Birthday:||13 January 1975|
|Birthplace:||Schenectady, New York, United States|
|Net Worth:||$ 1 million USD|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches|
What is the Age of Andrew Yang?
Andrew Yang was born on January 13, 1975, in Schenectady, New York, USA. He is the son of Kei Hsiung Yang and Nancy Yang. His father was a physicist, and his mother worked at a university before becoming an artist. Lawrence, his brother, is a New York University psychology professor.
Yang attended a local high school in Somers, Westchester country, New York. Yang attended Phillips Exeter Academy, a boarding school in New Hampshire, after being bullied in public school.
After graduating from high school in 1992, he enrolled at Brown University, where he majored in Economics and Political Science. After graduating in 1996, he attended Columbia Law School, where he earned his Juris Doctorate in 1999.
What is the Net worth of Andrew Yang?
In terms of his net worth. Andrew has a net worth of $1 million USD. According to Forbes, his main source of income is his business, but he also earns money from his political career. His net worth is expected to rise once he fully commits to the political journey.
Who is Andrew Yang’s Wife?
Andrew is currently married. He married Evelyn Lu, whom he met on the campus of Columbia University. The couple dated for a few years before deciding to marry in 2011. The couple lives happily together and has two children who consider themselves to be proud sons of their parents.
When did Andrew Yang Begin his Career?
- Yang began his career as a corporate attorney at Davis Polk & Wardwell.
- He worked there for 5 months before joining his colleague in launching Star Giving in February 2000, which was a website for celebrity-affiliated philanthropic fundraising, but they had to close it down in 2002.
- From 2002 to 2005, Andrew worked as the vice president of the health care startup. He then joined a small test preparation company, and in 2006, the CEO handed over the company to Yang.
- Yang became the company’s CEO after which the company was acquired by Kaplan Inc. in 2009.
- Yang resigned as President in 2012 and began working for an NPO he founded in 2011. He stepped down as CEO of the company in March 2017.
- After suspending his presidential campaign in March 2020, he announced the formation of a new NPO called the Humanity Forward Foundation, which would promote ideas.
- He left the NPO after announcing his intention to run for Mayor of New York City.
- Yang recently resigned from the race for Mayor of New York City after learning that his opponent, Eric Adams, was leading in votes. 7
Andrew Yang is a well-known and intelligent American businessman. Andrew Yang was born on January 13, 1975, in Schenectady, New York, USA. In terms of his net worth. Andrew has a net worth of $1 million USD. He married Evelyn Lu, whom he met on the campus of Columbia University.