Net Worth of Chris Hughes in 2023; Age, Wife, Height
Who is Chris Hughes?
Christopher Hughes, also known as Chris Hughes, is an American businessman. With Harvard roommates Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz, Eduardo Saverin, and Andrew McCollum, he co-founded the online social directory and networking site Facebook. Chris Hughes’ net worth was estimated to be $430 million.
Quick Facts about Chris Hughes
|Full Name:||Chris Hughes|
|Age:||38 years old|
|Birthday:||26 November 1983|
|Birthplace:||Hickory, North Carolina, United States|
|Net Worth:||$550 million|
What is the Age of Chris Hughes?
Chris Hughes was born in 1983 on November 26th. Christopher Hughes is his given name. He was born to Arlen “Ray” Hughes, a father, and Brenda Hughes, a mother. His birthplace is in the United States, in Hickory, North Carolina. He is an American nationality.
He doesn’t have any siblings. He was raised in Hickory, North Carolina. He was raised as a devout Lutheran. In Andover, Massachusetts, he attended Phillips Academy. He attended Harvard University after graduating from Phillips. In 2006, he earned a Bachelor of Arts in history and literature from Harvard.
Who is Chris Hughes’s Wife?
Chris Hughes is a married man. His sexual orientation is homosexual. He is married to Sean Eldridge, the political director of Freedom to Marry. In January 2011, the couple announced their engagement. On June 30, 2012, they exchanged vows.
The couple paid $2 million for a home in New York’s 19th congressional district. They allegedly purchased the house to allow Eldridge to run for the congressional seat there. Eldridge was defeated in his bid for a congressional seat in 2014 by a margin of 28 points.
What is the Net Worth of Chris Hughes?
Chris Hughes is a successful entrepreneur who co-founded Facebook, a popular social networking site. In 2023, his net worth was estimated to be $430 million. His net worth is estimated to be $500 million as of 2019.
When did Chris Hughes Begin his Career?
- Zuckerberg met him and recruited him for his team during his freshman year at Harvard.
- Zuckerberg was still in the early stages of Facebook at the time.
- For the next two years, Hughes was unofficially in charge of beta testing and product suggestions.
- Hughes was a driving force behind the development of many of Facebook’s popular features, which aided the company’s global expansion.
- Hughes was appointed as Facebook’s de facto spokesperson.
- During their summer vacation in 2004, Hughes, Zuckerberg, and Moskovitz visited Palo Alto.
- After the summer break, Zuckerberg and Moskovitz decided to stay.
- Hughes, on the other hand, returned to Harvard to continue his studies.
- In 2006, he received a Magna Cum Laude from Harvard University with a Bachelor of Arts in history and literature.
- After graduating from Harvard, he moved to Palo Alto to work for Facebook alongside Zuckerberg and Moskovitz.
- Hughes stepped down from Facebook in 2007. He left Facebook to work on Barack Obama’s presidential campaign in 2008.
- In March 2009, he was named Entrepreneur in Residence at General Catalyst.
- He was also the executive director of Jumo, a non-profit social networking organization. He established the organization in 2010. The organization’s goal is to assist people in finding ways to help the world.
- In July 2010, UNAIDS appointed him to a 17-member “High-Level Commission” of prominent politicians, business leaders, human rights activists, and scientists.
The New Republic
- In March 2012, Hughes purchased a majority stake in The New Republic magazine.
- He was appointed as the magazine’s publisher and executive chairman. He was also the magazine’s editor-in-chief.
- His tenure at The New Republic was not financially rewarding. In February 2016, he sold the magazine to Win McCormack of Oregon.
Next Biography: Age of Siena Agudong; Height, Net Worth, Dating, Bio