Last updated on June 26th, 2022 at 09:01 am
Who is Dr. Miami?
Michael Salzhauer, also known as “Dr. Miami,” is a Jewish American plastic surgeon, children’s book author, recording artist, and reality television star. He is well-known as a pioneer as well as a contentious surgeon.
Quick Facts of Dr. Miami
|Full Name:||Michael Salzhauer|
|Age:||49 years old|
|Birthday:||April 16, 1972|
|Birthplace:||New York City, USA|
|Wife:||Eva Zafira Zion (m. 1995)|
|Net Worth:||$30 million|
What is the Age of Dr. Miami?
Dr. Miami was born Michael Salzhauer in New York City, USA, and was raised in Rockland County, New York. His father was from Israel, and his mother was from Manhattan’s Lower East Side. When he was four years old, his father gave him a stethoscope, which piqued his interest in the medical field.
After watching the television show ‘M.A.S.H.,’ he decided to become a surgeon. He attended Adolph Schreiber Hebrew Academy of Rockland in Monsey and Moriah School in Englewood, New Jersey for his education. He was admitted to Tappan Zee High School in his freshman year, where he was teased for having “big Jewish Schnoz.”
Later, he attended The Frisch Yeshiva High School in Paramus, New Jersey. After graduating from high school, he attended Rockland Community College in 1989-90, followed by two years of study in Psychology at Brooklyn College. He eventually graduated from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri.
Who is Dr. Miami’s Wife?
Dr. Miami met his wife Eva in the Brooklyn College Kosher-Cafeteria, which reflects his personal life. They were both studying Psychology at Brooklyn College. Miami and his wife began dating soon after, and they married in 1994. Their five children, Aleah, Tzvika, David, Coby, and Yonatan, live in Bal Harbour, Florida.
His entire family is involved with the charitable organization Chai Lifeline, which assists children with cancer. The foundation recognized him and his sister Leora for their contributions, and his daughter Aleah raised $18,000 by selling her children’s book ‘The Grumpy Tree.’
What is the Net Worth of Dr. Miami?
Miami has amassed a sizable fortune during his medical career. The professional surgeon’s net worth is currently estimated to be $25 million, and his salary has not been disclosed. His multiple careers also contribute to his financial well-being.
What is the Height of Dr. Miami?
According to his body measurements, Miami is 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs around 70 kg. Similarly, he has dark brown eyes and dark black hair. His other body information has not yet been revealed. We will notify you if any information is revealed.
When did Dr. Miami Begin his Career?
- Dr. Miami initially decided to move to Birmingham, Alabama after graduating from medical school to train under a world-renowned surgeon he admired. His wife, however, persuaded him to relocate to Miami Beach in 1996, where he began his training in Plastic Surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center and The University of Miami.
- He was a resident for six years before becoming an aesthetic surgery fellow at The Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Florida. In 2003, he began practicing at his Bal Harbor chamber.
- In 2008, he published the children’s book ‘My Beautiful Mommy,’ which was designed to explain to young children how plastic surgery works in the simplest possible way. However, critics claimed that the book glorifies plastic surgery and may harm children’s self-esteem.
- In 2009, he released a virtual plastic surgery app for the iPhone called ‘Dr. Miami’s Surgeon in a Box,’ which earned him his nickname. The software allowed users to take photos of themselves and then beautify them as if they had undergone plastic surgery.
- Aside from that, Dr. Miami has been interested in music since he was a child and was a member of a school band. Music took a back seat after he pursued a career as a surgeon, but once he achieved celebrity status, he decided to rekindle his love of music.
- In 2012, he produced the single ‘Jew Can Sam’ and its accompanying music video, which was performed by The Groggers, an American Jewish pop-punk band. However, the track, which depicted a Jewish teenager undergoing rhinoplasty to please a girl, was heavily criticized for portraying Jewish stereotypes as well as promoting plastic surgery.
- In 2017, he returned to music with the release of the single ‘Flawless,’ co-written with recording artist Adam Barta, with whom he also collaborated on his TV show. The song peaked at No. 24 on the Billboard dance singles chart and No. 32 on the Billboard hot club dance chart.
Michael Salzhauer, also known as “Dr. Miami,” is a Jewish American plastic surgeon, children’s book author, recording artist, and reality television star. Dr. Miami was born Michael Salzhauer in New York City, USA. Dr. Miami met his wife Eva. surgeon’s net worth is currently estimated to be $25 million. Miami is 5 feet 9 inches tall