Who is Ed O’Neill?
Ed O’Neill is a comedian and actor from the United States. He has received four Screen Actors Guild Awards for Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series. He was nominated for three Primetime Emmy Awards for his role as Jay Pritchett on the ABC sitcom “Modern Family.”
Quick Facts about Ed O’Neill
|Full Name:||Ed O’Neill|
|Birthplace:||Youngstown, Ohio, USA|
|Wife:||Edward Phillip O’Neill|
|Net Worth:||65 million|
|Father:||Edward Phillip O’Neill|
|Siblings:||Timothy and Leonard|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inch|
|Education:||Ursuline High School|
What is the Age of Ed O’Neill?
Ed O’Neill was born on April 12, 1946, in Youngstown, Ohio, USA. Edward Leonard O’Neill is his given name. He is of Irish-American ethnicity and has American nationality. His astrological sign is Aries. He was raised in a Catholic family and has been a practicing Catholic since childhood.
O’Neill is the oldest of his parents’ three children. His father, Edward Phillip O’Neill, worked in a steel mill and drove a truck, and his mother, Ruth Ann, was a social worker. He was raised with two younger brothers, Timothy and Leonard, and two sisters.
In terms of education, O’Neill went to Ursuline High School in his hometown. He attended Ohio University after high school and majored in history. He eventually transferred to Youngstown State University.
Who is Ed O’Neill’s Wife?
Since 1986, the 76-year-old legendary actor has been married to the stunning actress Catherine Rusoff. Catherine is a professional actress who was born in Teaneck, New Jersey, in 1954. She is best known for her roles in the 1987 actress “Ohara,” the hit TV series “Married… with Children,” and the 1984 film “Highway to Heaven.”
After a few years of dating, the couple married in 1986. In Hollywood, their married life and love of compassion for each other are often considered true and completely dedicated. In a Western world where couples divorce at a high rate, O’Neill and Catherine have managed to remain husband and wife for more than three decades. They were living in Los Angeles with their two daughters, Sophia O’Neill and Claire O’Neill, in 2016. His sexual orientation is heterosexual.
What is the Net Worth of Ed O’Neill?
Ed O’Neill’s net worth is estimated to be the US $65 million as of May 2022. O’Neill has amassed an enormous fortune during his acting career. Bob has appeared in approximately 26 films and more than fifty telefilms and series during his forty-year acting career.
Ed used to earn around $500,000 per year for his role on “Modern Family,” which equates to about $12 million per season before re-run royalties. He charges between $5 million and $10 million for his role in the film. He is also a well-paid voice-over actor. He also makes a lot of money from endorsement deals. As a result, his primary source of wealth is the entertainment industry, and he lives a lavish lifestyle.
What is the Height of Ed O’Neill?
Ed O’Neill stands 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs around 110 kilograms. He has a medium-sized body. His body dimensions are 50-40-17 inches (Chest-Waist-Biceps). He wears size 12 (US) shoes. He has a cheerful and humble demeanor. He looks good in his gray-colored short hairstyle. He has a pair of blue eyes that sparkle. He is usually seen wearing a formal uniform, which gives him a professional appearance.
When did Ed O’Neill Begin his Career?
- Ed O’Neill began his career in American football as an undrafted free agent with the NFL team Pittsburgh Steelers in 1969, but he was not selected for the team.
- After being rejected by the Steelers, O’Neill re-enrolled at Youngstown State University and became one of the school’s first theater students.
- In 1979, he played a boxer opposite Danny Aiello in the Broadway play Knockout, which helped launch his film career.
- He made his feature film debut in the 1980 crime thriller “Cruising.”
- The same year, he landed his first television role in “The Day the Women Got Even.”
- He was cast in the 1986 television series “Popeye Doyle” as NYPD detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle.
- From 1987 to 1997, he starred as Al Bundy in the American sitcom “Married… with Children.”
- He then played Glen in “Wayne’s World” and its sequel in 1992 and 1993, respectively.
- In 1999, he starred in the American crime thriller film “The Bone Collector,” which grossed approximately $150 million against a $48 million budget.
- He appeared in the TV shows “L.A. Dragnet” and “The West Wing” from 2003 to 2004 and 2004 to 2005, respectively.
- After a string of unsuccessful box office performances, he landed the role of a voice actor in the animated film “Wreck-It Ralph,” which was a massive box office hit in 2012. In 2018, he reprised his role in Ralph Breaks the Internet.
- In 2015 and 2019, he appeared in episodes of “Family Guy” and “Weird City,” respectively.
- From 2009 to 2020, he starred as Jay Pritchett in the American family sitcom “Modern Family.”
Ed’s final film to date is the American comedy-drama “The Last Shift,” which will be released on September 25, 2020.