Last updated on July 12th, 2022 at 06:03 am
Who is Francis Ford Coppola?
Francis Ford Coppola is an American film director, producer, and screenwriter best known for his work on the films The Godfather,’ ‘The Godfather Part II,’ and ‘Apocalypse Now.’ He is also known for his inventive creativity and artistic precision. He began his filmmaking career as a student at the ‘UCLA Film School.’
Quick Facts of Francis Ford Coppola
|Full Name:||Francis Ford Coppola|
|Age:||82 years old|
|Birthday:||7 April 1939|
|Birthplace:||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Wife:||Eleanor Coppola (m. 1963)|
|Net Worth:||$320 million|
|Profession:||Film Director, producer, screenwriter, film composer, and vintner|
What is the Age of Francis Ford Coppola?
Francis Ford Coppola was born on April 7, 1939, in Detroit, Michigan, United States. He is of mixed ethnicity and holds American nationality. His mother, Carmine, and father, Italia Coppola, gave birth to him. His father was a member of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra’s flutist section.
His father also worked for The Ford Sunday Evening Hour as an arranger and assistant orchestra director. His paternal grandparents immigrated to the United States from Bernalda, Basilicata, and he was born into an Italian immigrant family.
His maternal grandfather, popular Italian composer Francesco Pennino, emigrated from Naples, Italy. He is the middle actress of three: his older brother, August Coppola, and his younger sister, Talia Shire, are both actors. In 2022, he celebrated his 82nd birthday.
His zodiac sign is Aries, and he follows the Christian religion. He had polio as a child and was bedridden for the majority of his childhood. He was an average student who was known for his keen interest in science and technology. He was trained as a musician and became a tuba expert, earning him a music scholarship to the ‘New York Military Academy.’
Coppola attended 23 different schools before graduating from Great Neck North High School. In 1955, he enrolled at Hofstra College with a major in theater arts. Coppola was elected president of the university’s drama group, The Green Wig, as well as its musical comedy club, the Kaleidoscopians while pursuing his bachelor’s degree. He graduated in 1959 after winning three ‘D.H. Lawrence Awards’ for his directorial talent at the university.
What is the Net Worth of Francis Ford Coppola?
Francis Ford is a well-known film director and producer from the United States. Frаnс Fоrd орроlа’s net worth is estimated to be $450 million as of 2022. The primary source of wealth comes from drесtng, crееnwritng, and рrоduсtng.
Aside from that, he makes money by nvеting n оthеr bunе vеnturе, nсluding а wnеrу, rеаl еtаtе, аmоng mаnу оthеr. е сurrеntlу аmоng thе рrореr аnd wеаlthiеst mеrсаn’ реrоnаltе. He is living a lavish lifestyle as a result of his wealth.
Who is Francis Ford Coppola’s Wife?
Francis Ford Coppola is married to Eleanor Neil, whom he met on the set of “Dementia 13” in 1963. Gian-Carlo, Roman, and Sofia are the couple’s three children.
Gian-Carlo died in a car accident at a young age. The couple is now living a happy life. He is not gay and has a straight sexual orientation.
What is the Height of Francis Ford Coppola?
Francis Ford Coppola is still a handsome man at his age. His height is 1.82 meters and his weight is 76 kilograms. He has a large body type. His hair is grey, and his eyes are dark brown.
In general, he has a healthy body right now. His other body size is currently unavailable.
When did Francis Ford Coppola Begin his Career?
- Coppola attended UCLA Film School and directed ‘The Two Christophers,’ a short horror film, and ‘Tonight for Sure,’ a light comedy.
- In 1962, Roger Corman hired him as an assistant to re-edit a Russian science fiction film called ‘Nebo Zovyot.’ In 1962, he remade the film as a sex-and-violence monster film called ‘Battle Beyond the Sun.’
- He was also the dialogue director for the film ‘Tower of London,’ the sound man for ‘The Young Racers,’ and an associate producer for ‘The Terror.’
- “Dementia 13” was his first feature-length film (1963). The film became a cult classic among horror film fans.
- In 1965, he was hired as a scriptwriter by ‘Seven Arts.’ He also co-wrote the scripts for This Property Is Condemned (1966) and Is Paris Burning? (1966).
- Following that, he released ‘You’re a Big Boy Now,’ a ‘Warner Bros.’ production.
- He rose to prominence following the release of ‘The Rain People’ in 1969.
- After a year, he collaborated with Edmund H. North to write the screenplay for the film ‘Patton.’
- In 1972, he produced the film ‘The Godfather.’
- In 1974, he directed ‘The Conversation,’ wrote the screenplay for ‘The Great Gatsby,’ and directed ‘The Godfather Part II.’
- Following that, he directed the 1979 epic war film ‘Apocalypse Now.’
- His 1982 musical fantasy ‘One from the Heart’ bankrupted him.
- In 1983, he directed ‘The Outsiders and ‘Rumble Fish,’ which had an impact on Coppola’s image.
- In 1984, he directed ‘The Cotton Club,’ which was a box office flop but received critical acclaim. He also directed films such as ‘Captain EO’ and ‘Peggy Sue Got Married.’
- Coppola directed ‘Tucker: The Man and His Dream’ in 1988.
- He was one of three directors who directed the anthology film ‘New York Stories,’ which consists of three short stories, in 1989. Coppola collaborated with his daughter on the script for ‘Life Without Zo.’
- He directed ‘The Godfather Part III,’ which was a moderate success in 1990.
- He then directed and produced Bram Stoker’s Dracula in 1992.
- Jack, his next project, was released on August 9, 1996.
- In 1997, he directed ‘The Rainmaker,’ an adaptation of John Grisham’s novel.
- After a 10-year hiatus, he returned in 2007 with ‘Youth Without Youth.’
- Coppola released Tetro in 2009, and Twixt in 2011, both of which failed to impress audiences and most critics.
- Coppola has been working on an ongoing experimental film project called ‘Distant Vision’ since 2015, which is a semi-autobiographical unfinished live broadcast project created in real-time.
- He announced his intention to direct Megalopolis in April 2019.
- Coppola announced in August 2021 that he had begun discussions with actors for the project and that he hoped to begin principal photography in the fall of 2022.
Honors, Awards, and Achievements of Francis Ford Coppola
- Francis Ford Coppola received five ‘Academy Awards,’ including ‘Best Writing’ for ‘Patton,’ ‘Best Director,’ and ‘Best Picture,’ ‘Best Director,’ and ‘Best Writing’ for ‘The Godfather Part II.’ He has also received five ‘Golden Globe’ awards.
- He was ranked No. 17 on MovieMaker magazine’s list of the 25 most influential directors of all time.
- He was also ranked No. 9 on TopTenReviews’ list of the top ten directors of all time, and No. 21 on Entertainment Weekly’s list of the top 50 directors of all time.
- Four of Coppola’s films (The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, Apocalypse Now, and Patton) were named to the Writers Guild of America’s West list of the 101 best screenplays of all time.
- Three of his films are included in AFI’s 100 Years…100 Movies: The Godfather is ranked #2, Apocalypse Now is ranked #28, and The Godfather Part II is ranked #32. The Godfather is also ranked 11th on AFI’s 100 Years…100 Thrills list. Coppola’s films were also nominated for the list: Patton (1970) – Screenwriter; American Graffiti (1973) – Producer; The Conversation (1974) – Director/Producer/Screenwriter); and The Conversation (1974) – Director/Producer/Screenwriter.
- At the Berlin International Film Festival in 1991, he was awarded the Berlinale Camera.
- He received the Golden Lion – Honorary Award at the Venice Film Festival in 1992, as well as the Inkpot Award at the annual San Diego Comic-Con.
- He received the American Academy of Achievement’s Golden Plate Award in 1994. George Lucas, a member of the Awards Council, presented him with his Golden Plate.
- The Directors Guild of America presented him with a Lifetime Achievement Award in 1998.
- Coppola was ranked No. 4 in the Directors’ top ten directors of all time and No. 10 in the Critics’ top ten directors of all time in a 2002 poll by Sight & Sound magazine. Coppola was ranked No. 8 on the list of the top ten film directors of all time in a separate poll conducted by the same magazine.
- At the 2002 San Sebastián International Film Festival, he received a special 50th-anniversary award for his distinguished career.
- The Film Society of Lincoln Center honored him with a gala tribute the same year.
- He received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Denver Film Festival in 2003.
- In 2005, Coppola was ranked No. 15 on Empire magazine’s list of the “Top 40 Greatest Directors of All Time.”
- At the 2007 Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival, he received an honorary award.
- Coppola was ranked No. 5 on Total Film magazine’s list of the “100 Greatest Film Directors Ever” in 2007.
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences decided to honor him with the Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award at the 2nd Governor’s Awards in November 2010 in his honor. On November 13, he received the honor, along with honorary Oscars for Jean-Luc Godard, Kevin Brownlow, and Eli Wallach.
- On October 16, 2013, he was awarded a Praemium Imperiale in the category of theater/film.
- Coppola is the “Honorary Consul H. E. Francis Ford Coppola” for Belize in San Francisco.
- Governor Edmund G. “Jerry” Brown Jr. inducted Coppola into the California Hall of Fame on October 1, 2014.
- Coppola is one of only six people in Academy Award history to have been nominated for an Oscar as a producer, director, and screenwriter.
- In Oviedo, he received the Princess of Asturias Award for the Arts on May 6, 2015.
- On December 5, 2015, he was awarded the Gold Medal of Morocco’s Order of Intellectual Efficacy in Marrakech.
- He received the Lumière Award for contribution to film in 2019 at the Lumière Film Festival in France.
- He is an honorary Phi Beta Kappa member of Hofstra University.
Francis Ford Coppola is an American screenwriter, producer, and director. Francis Ford Coppola was born on April 7, 1939. Franс Fоrd орроla’s net worth is estimated to be $450 million. Eleanor Neil is married to Francis Ford Coppola. His height is 1.82 meters and his weight is 76 kilograms.