Who is Jamaal Charles?
Jamaal Charles’ life story, from being diagnosed with a learning disability and facing ridicule as a child to becoming the all-time leader in career yards-per-carry among running backs in the National Football League as of 2019, would undoubtedly make a good bestselling book. Continue reading to learn more about the player.
Quick Facts of Jamaal Charles
|Full Name:||Jamaal Charles|
|Age:||35 years old|
|Birthday:||27 December 1986|
|Birthplace:||Port Arthur, Texas, United States|
|Wife:||Whitney Golden (m. 2012)|
|Net Worth:||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches|
What is the Age of Jamaal Charles?
In his childhood, Jamaal Charles was born Jamaal RaShaad Jones Charles in Port Arthur, Texas. He is of African-American nationality and belongs to the black ethnic group. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
He was diagnosed as a child with a learning disability that made it difficult for him to read. Because he was constantly teased and mocked, he was unable to participate in activities with other kids his age.
Charles received his education at Memorial High School in Port Arthur, Texas. After graduating from high school, Jamaal Charles enrolled at the University of Texas, where he helped his team win the national championship as a true freshman.
Who is Jamaal Charles’s Wife?
Jamaal Charles is married to Whitney Golden Charles, whom he has known since they were in eighth grade. The couple got engaged on July 3rd, 2011, and married a year later on June 2nd, 2012. They have two daughters together, Makaila Jae and Makenzie.
Whitney is a full-time mother, but she is also heavily involved in her husband’s Youth Matters Family Foundation, which holds free football camps for kids every year.
What is the Net Worth of Jamaal Charles?
Jamaal Charles has an estimated net worth of $13 million. The four-time Derrick Thomas Award winner was able to amass his fortune through his NFL salaries and endorsements over the years.
Now, let’s talk about his contracts. Charles signed a three-year, $1.75 million contract with Kansas after being drafted in 2008. In 2010, he agreed to a five-year, $32.5 million contract extension with the team. Four years later, Kansas offered him a two-year contract extension worth $18.1 million.
Kansas released Charles in February 2017, clearing the way for him to sign a one-year, $2.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos. It is unclear how much he was paid by the Jacksonville Jaguars for the few weeks he spent with the team.
What is the Height of Jamaal Charles?
According to his body measurements, Jamaal Charles stands 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m) tall and weighs 200 pounds (91 kg). Likewise, his arm length is 32 18 inches (0.82 m) and his hand size is 8 34 inches (0.22 m). Furthermore, he has black/brown hair.
When did Jamaal Charles Begin his Career?
- Jamaal Charles has been playing football since he was in elementary school and is now a true freshman in college.
- Prior, He went on to play for the school for three seasons, finishing fourth in total rushing yards by a Texas player before deciding to forego his senior year and enter the 2008 NFL Draft, where he was selected with the 73rd overall pick by the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Charles was a Kansas City Chiefs player for nine years, during which time he was voted as one of the NFL’s Top 100 Players five times (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016). He also made the Pro Bowl four times (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014), was a first-team All-Pro selection twice (2010, 2013), and led the NFL in rushing touchdowns in 2013 before being released by the Chiefs in February 2017.
- Charles went on to play one season for the Denver Broncos before signing with the Jacksonville Jaguars in October 2018. His time with the Jaguars was cut short when he was released a few weeks later, making him a free agent.
- Charles announced on April 30, 2019, that he will sign a one-day ceremonial contract with Chiefs in order to retire as a Chief.
- With Jamaal Charles now officially retired, the debate over whether the former Chiefs running back belongs in the Pro Football Hall of Fame can finally begin.
- If there is one career statistic that indicates Charles should be in the Hall of Fame, it is his yards per carry. During his 11 seasons in the NFL, Charles averaged 5.4 yards per carry, the second highest of any running back in NFL history and fourth overall. Charles isn’t sure if his ranking will be enough to get him into the Hall of Fame, but he’s upbeat about his chances.
- Charles also surpassed the 1,000-yard mark five times during his career, rushing for a total of 7,563 yards, ranking 56th all-time. Although that number puts him ahead of several Hall of Famers on the NFL’s all-time rushing list (he has more than Gale Sayers (4,956), Marion Motley (4,720), and Leroy Kelly (7,274), it doesn’t compare well to modern running backs, with whom Charles will be compared during the Hall of Fame voting process.
- On the all-time rushing list, he is preceded by Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson, and LeSean McCoy. Not to mention, Marshawn Lynch is ahead of him, and there’s a good chance that Beast Mode will be inducted into the Hall of Fame the same year that Charles is.
- In addition, Charles has never led the NFL in rushing and has never won a Super Bowl. If anything hurts Charles’ chances of being inducted, he believes it will be his lack of postseason success.
- Charles appeared in only two playoff games during his 11-year career, and he never advanced past the wild-card round. Of course, regardless of what happens in Canton, Charles will always be a Kansas City Hall of Famer. Charles took one more handoff before calling it quits with the Chiefs after signing a one-day contract to retire this week.
Continue reading to learn more about the player. In his childhood, Jamaal Charles was born Jamaal RaShaad Jones Charles in Port Arthur, Texas. Jamaal Charles is married to Whitney Golden Charles. Jamaal Charles has an estimated net worth of $13 million. Jamaal Charles stands 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m) tall.