Last updated on June 30th, 2022 at 06:28 am
Who is Jim Fassel?
Jim Fassel was the head coach of the National Football League’s New York Giants. He was also named NFL Coach of the Year in 1997. Jim died on June 7, 2021, at the age of 71, from a heart attack in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Quick Facts of Jim Fassel
|Full Name:||Jim Edward Fassel|
|Birthday:||August 31, 1949|
|Birthplace:||Anaheim, California, USA|
|Net Worth:||$900k US Dollars|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inch|
|Sibling:||Linda & Debbie|
What is the Age of Jim Fassel?
Jim Fassel was born on August 31, 1949, in Anaheim, California, to father Bud Fassel and mother Dorothy Fassel. He grew up with two sisters named Linda and Debbie. He appears to be a private person, so little is known about his family. He played football in high school and was drafted in the seventh round of the 1972 NFL Draft.
His father died in a car accident nearly 7 years ago, and his mother died after a long illness. Fassel attended Anaheim High School, where he began playing football. After graduating from high school, he began studying and playing quarterback at Fullerton College, University of Southern California.
He also appears to have played for Long Beach State. He graduated from college around 1972.
What is the Net Worth of Jim Fassel?
Jim was a long-time NFL coach who preserved his legacy and will play an important role in New York Giants history. According to his family, his net worth at the time of his death was $900,000 US dollars. His primary source of income was as a football coach.
Who is Jim Fassel’s Wife?
Fassel married Kitty in 1971 but divorced her in 2006 after more than 35 years of marriage. The couple gave up their eldest son, John Mathieson, for adaptation because both of them were only 19 years old at the time, but they reunited on May 14, 2003, after searching for many years.
They reconciled following their divorce. Apart from John, they had three more children together, the names of which have only been revealed for Brian and John.
When did Jim Fassel Begin her Career?
- Jim began playing football in high school and went on to play college football. He was a quarterback at Fullerton College, the University of Southern California, and Long Beach State. The Chicago Bears drafted him in the seventh round of the 1972 NFL Draft.
- In the same year, he also played for the San Diego Chargers and the Houston Oilers before joining The Hawaiians of the World Football League for a brief stint in 1974.
- Then, during the 1974 WFL season, Fassel became an assistant coach, but he soon left the league and returned as a quarterback in the 1975 season.
- He then began his coaching career at the University of Utah, Weber State, and Stanford University.
- In less than 5 months, he was named offensive coordinator and quarterback coach for the New Orleans Breakers of the United States Football League, and on November 30, 1984, he was named head coach at the University of Utah.
- Jim coached with the New York Giants in 1991 and was later hired as their quarterback coach by Bill Parcells. The following year, he was promoted to offensive coordinator.
- The team defeated the undefeated Denver Broncos under his leadership. In addition, he was named NFL Coach of the Year in 1997.
- Jim joined the Baltimore Ravens as an offensive consultant in 2004, but he was fired on October 17, 2006. In 2009, he was named head coach of Las Vegas’ entry into the United Football League, but the league was soon suspended, and he retired in 2012.
Jim Fassel was the head coach of the National Football League’s New York Giants. Jim Fassel was born on August 31, 1949, in Anaheim, California, to father Bud Fassel and mother Dorothy Fassel. His net worth at the time of his death was $900,000 US dollars. Fassel married Kitty in 1971 but divorced her in 2006 after more than 35 years of marriage.