Last updated on June 26th, 2022 at 08:37 am
Who is Malin Akerman?
Malin Akerman is a well-known Swedish-born Canadian actress, model, and singer. She struggled a lot at the beginning of her career, but this determined actress never gave up on herself. Her dedication to her craft and acting abilities have propelled her to new heights.
Quick Facts of Malin Akerman
|Full Name:||Malin Akerman|
|Birthday:||May 12, 1978|
|Net Worth:||$ 10 million|
|Height:||5 ft 8 inches (1.72 m)|
|Profession:||Actress producer model|
|Sibling:||Jennifer Akerman, Mikaela Akerman|
What is the Age of Malin Akerman?
Malin was born on May 12, 1978, in Stockholm, Sweden. Pia Akerman, an aerobics teacher, and part-time model, and Magnus Akerman, an insurance broker, are her parents. Her family relocated to Canada when she was two years old because her father was offered a job there.
Her parents divorced when she was six years old, and she raised herself in Canada with her mother. After her mother remarried, she was transferred to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. This little girl had a difficult childhood because her parents divorced and moved, causing her to attend multiple schools.
She went to Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School in St. Catharines, Ontario, North Toronto Collegiate Institute, and Dante Alighieri Academy. She studied psychology at New York University in Toronto for a year before leaving to pursue a career in acting in Los Angeles.
What is the Net Worth of Malin Akerman?
Malin has achieved a lot for her age. Her talent as an actress led to roles in films and on television. The industry has praised her work. She has also proven to be a stunning model as well as a fantastic singer with numerous hits. Her estimated net worth from all of her working dimensions is around $ 10 million.
Who is Malin Akerman’s Husband?
In 2007, Malin married Roberto Zincone, an Italian musician. They met while she was singing for the band The Petalstonesa, of which he was the drummer. Sebastian is their son.
Due to a number of personal issues, the couple was unable to remain together for an extended period of time and divorced in 2013. Malin became engaged to Jack Donnelly, a British actor, in 2017. Within a year of their engagement, they married in Tulum, Mexico.
When did Malin Akerman Begin her Career?
- Malin began her modeling career as a child model at the age of five, and she has appeared in numerous TV commercials. At the age of 17, she won the Ford Supermodel of Canada competition. In 1997, she debuted as a robot in the Canadian science fiction series Earth: Final Conflict.
- Malin made her film debut in The Skulls, an American psychological thriller.
- She moved to Los Angeles with a friend after many guest appearances in many television shows, but she struggled a lot there and had to face hundreds of auditions. She worked as a waitress there.
- She soon got a small part in the film The Utopian Society.
- She wanted to return to Canada because she was unable to find good roles, but she was soon chosen for the supporting role of Juna in The Comeback on the HBO television series, which led to many more opportunities.
- She was also asked to sing for the band Ozono, and due to her beautiful voice, she quickly rose to the position of the lead singer. The band was later renamed The Petalstones. Malin’s debut album, Stung, was released in 2005.
- Akerman went on to have a successful acting career, appearing in films and television shows such as The Brothers Solomon, The Heartbreak Kid, Love Monkey, Entourage, 27 Dresses, Bye Bye Sally, The Bang Bang Club, Wanderlust, Rock of Ages, Trophy Wife, The Final Girls, Billions, and many more.
- Her upcoming projects for the year 2020 include The Three of Us, in which she will play the lead role of Ally, and Soulmates, an AMC series that will premiere on October 5, 2020.
- Malin’s career is vivid. She has appeared in a number of films and television shows. It is critical in the life of any actor to perform well. Awards are one way to find out whether or not the audience likes them. Malin has also received numerous award nominations for her films Watchmen and The Final Girls. In 2009, she received the Golden Schmoes Award for her role in the film Watchmen.
Malin was born on May 12, 1978, in Stockholm, Sweden. Her estimated net worth from all of her working dimensions is around $ 10 million. In 2007, Malin married Roberto Zincone, an Italian musician.