Last updated on June 30th, 2022 at 05:29 am
Who is Matthew McConaughey?
Matthew McConaughey, an Academy Award-winning actor, is one of Hollywood’s biggest stars. In 1993, a Texas-born actor rose to prominence with his breakthrough performance in the coming-of-age comedy Dazed and Confused. In 2013 and 2014, he had critical success with a string of hit films. In the biopic film Dallas Buyers Club, he played cowboy champion Ron Woodroof, for which he received the first Academy Award for Best Actor. In the same category, he also received the Critics’ Choice Award, Golden Globe Awards, and SAG Awards.
Quick Facts of Matthew McConaughey
|Full Name:||Matthew McConaughey|
|Age:||52 years old|
|Birthday:||4 November 1969|
|Birthplace:||Uvalde, Texas, United States|
|Wife:||Camila Alves (m. 2012)|
|Net Worth:||$110 million|
|Profession:||American actor and producer|
|Sibling:||Michael Patrick McConaughey and Patrick James McConaughey|
What is the Age of Matthew McConaughey?
Matthew David McConaughey, better known as Matthew McConaughey, is a well-known American actor and producer who is currently 46 years old and resides in Austin, Texas, United States. He was born in Uvalde, Texas, and has been working in the entertainment industry since 1991.
He is a Christian and the eldest of his parents’ three sons. His mother, Mary Kathleen “Kay” or “KMac,” was a kindergarten teacher, and his father, James Donald McConaughey, was an author who wrote many best-selling books. Michael Patrick McConaughey and Patrick James McConaughey are his two siblings.
In terms of education, he went to Longview High School. He later attended the University of Texas, where he was a member of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity. He began in the fall of 1989 and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Radio-Television-Film in the spring of 1993.
Who is Matthew McConaughey’s Wife?
Matthew McConaughey is a married man. Since 2012, he has been married to Camila Alves. The couple met in 2006 and eventually fell in love with each other. On December 25, 2011, the couple announced their engagement after dating for nearly five years. After seven months, they married in a private Catholic ceremony in Austin, Texas, in the presence of their close relatives and family members. The couple has three children together.
On July 7, 2008, they welcomed their first child, a son named Levi Alves McConaughey. Vida Alves McConaughey, their second daughter, was born on January 3, 2010. Livingston Alves McConaughey, their third child, and second son, was born on December 28, 2012, after a two-year wait.
This couple married in 2012 and has had a wonderful married life with great success up to this point. They also state that there are no changes or issues regarding the couple’s divorce at this time.
He had previously dated a few Hollywood girls. He dated his co-star Penelope Cruz from 2005 to 2006. In the early 2000s, his name was also linked to Michael Jackson’s daughter Janet Jackson. He was in a relationship with popular actress Sandra Bullock from 1996 to 1998.
What is the Net Worth of Matthew McConaughey?
Matthew McConaughey has amassed a fortune from his numerous films and television series. As of September 2019, his net worth was $95 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
His net worth has grown as a result of his roles in films such as A Time to Kill, Contact, U-571, Dallas Buyers Club, and many others. Camila Alves, his wife, has a net worth of $5 million.
His yearly salary exceeds $20 million. In 1991, he received a $6000 check for his appearance in a Miller Lite commercial. In 1996, he received $250,000 from the film A Time to Kill, which he used to buy a house. In 2005, he was paid $8 million by Sahara Films.
He earned $21 million from his career in 2014. He lives in a $4.6 million mansion in Los Angeles’ Malibu neighborhood. He lives in the house with his wife and three children.
McConaughey has also been involved in a social foundation called Just Keep Living, which works with adolescent kids. He is assisting those kids in living an active life and motivating them in their daily lives.
He is also making them to assist in making healthy decisions and, as a result, providing financial and voluntary support for the organization’s progress.
He rescued a number of pets who had become stranded as a result of Hurricane Katrina’s flooding of New Orleans. He rescued a cat from two teenagers in Sherman Oaks, California, in 2006.
What is the Height of Matthew McConaughey?
According to his body measurements, he is 6 feet tall and weighs around 82 kg. His low-calorie diet causes his body to measure 46-16.5-34 inches across the chest, biceps, and hips. Similarly, He has brown hair and blue eyes.
When did Matthew McConaughey Begin his Career?
- He began his career in the entertainment industry in 1991. He first appeared in a series of TV commercials before begging for a role in the coming-of-age comedy film ‘Dazed and Confused,’ which received widespread critical acclaim.
- He appeared in a number of films, including ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation,’ ‘Boys on the Side,’ ‘Angels in the Outfield,’ and the TV series ‘Unsolved Mysteries.’
- In 1996, he landed his big break in the Joel Schumacher thriller film ‘A Time to Kill,’ playing the role of lawyer ‘Jake Brigance.’ This critically acclaimed film was based on a novel by John Grisham of the same name.
- In 1997, he appeared in Steven Spielberg’s Academy Award-nominated historical drama film, ‘Amistad.’ Film critics gave the film positive reviews.
- In 1999, he played the role of ‘Ed Eddie Pekurny’ in Ron Howard’s American comedy film ‘EDtv.’ He appeared in the film ‘U-571’ the following year.
- He appeared as himself in the ‘Escape from New York’ episode of the TV series ‘Sex and the City’ in 2000. The following year, he starred in the romantic comedy ‘The Wedding Planner.’
- He appeared in the film ‘Reign of Fire’ in 2002. The same year, he appeared in the drama films ‘Thirteen Conversations About One Thing’ and ‘Frailty,’ a psychological thriller.
- In 2003, he appeared in the documentary television series ‘Freedom: A History of Us.’ That same year, he portrayed ‘Steven Bedalia’ in the film ‘Tiptoes.’ He also appeared in the romantic comedy ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.’
- He starred as ‘Brandon Lang’ in the 2005 film ‘Two for the Money,’ and he also appeared in the action-comedy adventure film ‘Sahara.’ He provided the voice of ‘Al Bean’ in the 3D documentary film ‘Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D.’
- In 2006, he starred as ‘Jack Lengyel’ in Tom Dey’s romantic comedy film ‘Failure to Launch.’ He also appeared in the American adventure film ‘Fool’s Gold’ the same year.
- In 2008, he starred in the action-comedy film Tropic Thunder,’ which was a box office smash. That same year, he appeared in the film ‘Surfer, Dude’ as ‘Steve Addington.’
- In 2009, he co-starred in the romantic comedy film ‘Ghosts of Girlfriends Past with Jennifer Garner. Although the film was a commercial success, it received mixed reviews from critics.
- In 2010, he appeared on HBO in the American TV comedy series ‘Eastbound & Down.’ He appeared in three episodes of the series. The following year, he starred in ‘The Lincoln Lawyer.’
- In 2012, he starred as the title character in Jeff Nichols’ coming-of-age drama film ‘Mud.’ He appeared in the films ‘Bernie,’ ‘Killer Joe,’ ‘Magic Mike,’ and ‘The Paperboy’ that year.
- He starred in the biographical drama film ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ in 2013. In the film, he received praise and success for his portrayal of a cowboy with AIDS.
- He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for the role, as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Drama. In addition to these two, he received numerous other awards and nominations. He also appeared in ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ in 2013.
- He made an appearance in the HBO crime anthology series True Detective in 2014. In Christopher Nolan’s science fiction film Interstellar, McConaughey played Cooper, a widowed father and astronaut, alongside Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Mackenzie Foy, and Casey Affleck (2014).
- In 2016, McConaughey starred in two films, Free State of Jones and Gold, and voiced leading characters in two animated films, Kubo and the Two Strings and Sing, after finishing Gus Van Sant’s 2015 film The Sea of Trees with Ken Watanabe.
- McConaughey was hired as the creative director and celebrity spokesman for Wild Turkey’s latest campaign to attract more women and international customers in 2016.
- McConaughey played Walter Paddick in Stephen King’s adaptation The Dark Tower (2017), which received mixed reviews from critics.
- His most recent films include the true-life gangster drama White Boy Rick (2018), which received mixed reviews, and the erotic thriller Serenity, in which he co-starred with Diane Lane and Anne Hathaway.
- After its January 25, 2019 release, the latter film was panned by both critics and audiences.
- McConaughey will next be seen in Harmony Korine’s comedy The Beach Bum, alongside Zac Efron and Jonah Hill. The film will be released in theaters on April 5, 2019.
Matthew McConaughey’s Awards
- Throughout his acting career, Matthew McConaughey has received numerous accolades and awards. As of 2018, he had 37 awards and 89 nominations for prestigious awards such as the Academy Award, Emmy Award, Tony Award, Critics Choice Awards, and SAG Awards. In 2014, he won an Academy Award for Best Actor for his work in Dallas Buyer’s Club.
Matthew McConaughey, an Academy Award-winning actor, is one of Hollywood’s biggest stars. Matthew McConaughey is a well-known American actor and producer who is currently 46 years old and resides in Austin, Texas, United States. Matthew McConaughey is a married man. Since 2012, he has been married to Camila Alves. As of September 2019, his net worth was $95 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.