Who is Minka Kelly?
Minka Kelly’s birth name is Minka Dufay. Kelly is an American actress and model best known for her roles in the films “Friday Night Lights” and “The Roommate.” She is also a businesswoman and the owner of the ABLE lifestyle brand.
Quick Facts of Minka Kelly
|Full Name:||Minka Dumont Kelly|
|Age:||41 years old|
|Birthday:||24 June 1980|
|Birthplace:||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Net Worth:||$6 million|
|Profession:||Actress and model|
What is the Age of Minka Kelly?
Minka was born on June 24, 1980, in Los Angeles, California. She is of mixed ancestry, with French, Irish, Dutch, and Indonesian ancestors. Her father is former Aerosmith guitarist Rick Dufay, and her mother is the late Maureen Dumont Kelly. Minka had to grow up with her mother because her parents divorced when she was young.
Minka’s mother had to work multiple jobs and move to different communities in order to take on the responsibility of caring for her daughter. When Minka was in junior high, they relocated to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Her mother died in 2008 from colon cancer. Minka’s grandfather, Richard Ney, was a well-known actor in his own right.
Minka’s education and background are unknown, but it is assumed that she attended Valley High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico, from elementary to high school. Minka moved to Los Angeles after finishing high school and was offered a job as a receptionist at a surgeon’s office in exchange for her hours of work.
She later refused and went on to medical school to become a surgical assistant. Although the name of the school has not been revealed. She also went to Pflugerville High School to prepare for her role in Friday Night Lights. She enrolled in a culinary course at the New School of Cooking in Culver City, California, in 2015, due to her interest in cooking and baking.
What is the Net Worth of Minka Kelly?
She has been an actress and model since 2003, and she has appeared in a number of films and television shows. Her career in the entertainment industry has provided the majority of her net worth.
In addition, she owns a business lifestyle brand that contributes to her income. She is estimated to have a net worth of $ 5 million as of 2021.
Who is Minka Kelly Currently Dating With?
Minka is known to have dated actor Chris Evans in 2007. They dated for a few years before breaking up in 2013. She was also in a relationship with baseball player Derek Jeter at the time, but the relationship ended in 2011. Her most recent relationship was with Jesse Williams in 2017.
They dated for a year before breaking up in 2018. Kelly had an abortion in 2019, but the father of the child is unknown. As of now, there has been no update on her relationship status. Minka enjoys cooking and baking.
When did Minka Kelly Begin her Career?
- Minka began working as a receptionist at a surgeon’s clinic but later left to further her education.
- She eventually got a job as a scrub technician and continued to audition for various acting roles.
- Minka made her acting debut as an extra in the 2003 short film The Turbo Charged Prelude, which was a six-minute introduction to the 2Fast 2 Furious films.
- Later, she made a brief appearance on the American show Cracking up.
- She also appeared in other shows such as American Dreams, Entourage, Drake and Josh, and so on. She landed a three-episode role on the show What I Like About You.
- Minka rose to prominence in 2006 when she appeared as a cheerleader on the television show Friday Night Lights.
- Her performance was highly praised. The same year, she starred in the horror film The Pumpkin Karver. In 2009, she appeared in the final scene of 500 Days of Summer.
- She also appeared on the show Body Politic, but the show did not last long.
- She returned to the show Mad Love, but she was replaced as the show’s popularity grew. In the years that followed, she appeared in a number of television shows and films, including “Parenthood,” “Entourage,” “Charlie’s Angels,” “The Kingdom,” “Just Go With It,” “The Butler,” and others.
- In 2011, she played Sara Matthews in the film “The Roommate.” The film was well received and acclaimed, and it was a huge success at the box office.
- She was later cast as the lead in the mystery-comedy film Searching for Sonny.
- She also appeared in the music video for Maroon 5’s “one more night.”
- In 2017, she was cast as Dawn Granger in the DC Universe show Titans, and the following year she appeared as Markus’s right-hand woman in the video game Detroit: Become Human.
- Minka has recently launched a lifestyle brand called ABLE. The brand focuses on eradicating generational poverty by partnering with women who have often overcome extraordinary adversity.
Minka was born on June 24, 1980, in Los Angeles, California. She is estimated to have a net worth of $ 5 million as of 2021. Minka is known to have dated actor Chris Evans in 2007.