Who is Mohamed Salah?
Mohamed Salah is an Egyptian footballer who plays forward for both the Egyptian national team and the Premier League club ‘Liverpool.’ He has been a gifted footballer since he was a child, having been born and raised in Gharbia, Egypt.
Quick Facts of Mohamed Salah
|Full Name:||Mohamed Salah|
|Birthday:||15 June 1992|
|Birthplace:||Nagrig, Gharbia, Egypt|
|Net Worth:||$40 million|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches|
What is the Age of Mohamed Salah?
Salah’s full name is Mohamed Salah Ghaly. He was born in Nagrig, Egypt, on June 15, 1992. He is Egyptian in nationality. He began his football career with Ittihad Basyoun, a local club. He played for Othmason Tanta in 2005. Salah began his youth football career at El Mokawloon in 2006.
Who is Mohamed Salah’s Wife?
Mohamed Salah married Maggi in 2013. Makka, their daughter, was born in 2014. The name “Makka” was given to her daughter in honor of the Islamic holy city. Salah is a devout Muslim. He frequently celebrates his accomplishments by performing the sujood. It’s his signature way of celebrating a goal.
What is the Net Worth of Mohamed Salah?
Mohamed Salah earns money while playing professional football for Liverpool in the Premier League. In his first two seasons at Liverpool, he put in a phenomenal performance. It was his best season so far in his career. Salah joined Liverpool in June 2017 for a club-record fee of 42 million euros.
Mohamed Salah’s net worth is estimated to be around $40 million as of 2019. In Liverpool, he earns a salary of $14 million per year. If he maintains his stellar performances, he will earn significantly more in the coming years. Salah is sponsored by Adidas, Vodafone Egypt, and other companies. His car of choice is an Audi Q7.
When did Mohamed Salah Begin his Career?
- Salah made his senior team debut in 2010 for Egyptian Premier League club El Mokawloon, scoring his first goal in December 2010.
- Following the Port Said Stadium riot in February 2012, the Egyptian Football Association canceled the remainder of the 2011-12 season.
- Allah joined FC Basel in April 2012.
- Salah signed a four-year contract with Swiss Super League club Basel in April 2012. Salah made his debut in the Swiss League in August 2012. Salah won the Swiss Super League and finished second in the Swiss Cup in his debut season.
- Salah won the Uhrencup for Basel in 2013. Salah joined Premier League club, Chelsea, in January 2014 for a reported fee of around 11 million pounds, becoming the club’s first Egyptian signing.
- Salah made his Premier League debut against Newcastle in March 2014, and he scored his first goal for Chelsea in the London derby against Arsenal.
- Egyptian Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab, the Minister of Higher Education, and Egyptian national manager Shawky Gharib all agreed to exempt Salah from military service in Egypt before the start of the 2014-15 season at Chelsea.
- Eden Hazard’s jersey number has been changed from 17 to 10. Salah snatched up the vacated shirt number. He was previously dressed in shirt number 15.
- Jose Mourinho, the manager of Chelsea, did not give Salah many opportunities. Salah has been loaned out by Chelsea to Serie A club Fiorentina.
- Salah was loaned to Fiorentina from Chelsea in February 2015 for an 18-month period in exchange for Juan Cuadrado.
- Salah chose shirt number 74 at Fiorentina in memory of the victims of the Port Said Stadium riot. Salah made his Serie A debut in February and scored his first goal the following month against Sassuolo. Fiorentina attempted to make Salah’s loan move permanent, but Salah refused to stay.
- In August 2015, Salah signed a loan deal with another Serie A club, AS Roma, for 5 million EuroAt the club, Salah wore shirt number 11.
- Salah made his club debut in August against Hellas Verona and scored his first goal against Sassuolo in September.
- Salah finished the season as the club’s top goalscorer, with 15 goals, 14 in the league, and six assists, and was named Player of the Season. In August 2016, Roma made Salah’s move permanent for a reported fee of 15 million euros.
- Salah scored his first hat-trick in his club career against Bologna on November 6, 2016.
- Salah came on as a substitute for legendary captain Francesco Totti in the season finale against Genoa on May 28, 2017. It was his last match for the club.
- Salah returned to the Premier League after agreeing to join Liverpool, becoming the club’s first Egyptian signing.
- Salah joined Liverpool in June 2017 for a club-record fee of 42 million euros.
- Salah was given the number 11 shirt, which is currently worn by Roberto Firminho. Firminho changed his jersey number to 9
- Salah made his debut for the club in August, scoring on his debut.
- In December 2017, Liverpool became the first club in Premier League history to win four consecutive away league matches by at least three goals.
- Salah set the club record for goals in a single season with 32 in 38 games, and he also won the Premier League Golden Boot for the season.
- For the first time in eleven years, Liverpool defeated Roma and advanced to the Champions League final. In the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final against Real Madrid, Salah injured his left shoulder in a challenge with Sergio Ramos in the 30th minute and left the field in tears. Liverpool was defeated 3-1 in the final.
Salah was awarded the FIFA Puskas Award in 2018.
- Salah’s form continued in his second season at Liverpool. He finished the 2018-19 season with 22 league goals and 27 total goals. He also won the Premier League Golden Boot.
- In the 2018-19 season, his strong play helped Liverpool finish 97 points behind league champion Manchester City.
- For the second year in a row, Liverpool has reached the UEFA Champions League final. Despite losing to Real Madrid in the previous final, Liverpool won the Champions League Trophy by defeating Tottenham in the final. Liverpool had won the Champions League for the sixth time.
The International Career of Mohamed Salah
- Salah previously represented Egypt’s national team at various age levels.
- Salah made his senior debut for Egypt against Sierra Leone in September 2011, and scored his first international goal for Egypt against Nigeria in a qualifying match for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations on October 8, 2011.
- Salah put on a heroic performance for Egypt’s national team, which qualified for the World Cup for the first time since 1990.
- Salah was unable to compete for Egypt in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia due to a shoulder injury sustained in the 2018 Champions League final against Real Madrid.
- Egypt lost all three World Cup group stage matches, despite Salah’s two goals.