Who is Novak Djokovic?
Novak Djokovic is a well-known and professional tennis player from Belgrade, Serbia. Novak Djokovic won his first of multiple Grand Slam titles in 2008 and went on to become the world’s No. 1 in 2011.
What is the Age of Novak Djokovic?
Novak Djokovic was born on the 22nd of May 1987 in Belgrade, Serbia. Novak Djokovic will be 35 years old in 2022, and his zodiac sign is Gemini. Similarly, Novak Djokovic is of Siberian nationality and practices Christianity. Novak’s father, Sran Djokovic, is Serbian, and his mother, Dijana Djokovic, is Croatian.
Novak’s father was a former professional flier and soccer player. He also has two younger brothers, Marko and Djordje, who inspired him to play tennis and become a professional player.
Novak was introduced to tennis at the age of four. Novak was discovered in his guardian’s fast-food dual at Mount Kopaonik in the summer of 1993 by Serbian tennis player and trainer Jelena Geni. She was astounded by his extraordinary abilities and became the young boy’s trainer until 1999.
Then, Geni made plans for him to learn from ex-Croatian tennis player Nikola Pili. In September 1999, the twelve-year-old boy went to the Pili tennis academy in Oberschleißheim, Germany, and spent four years there.
In 2001, at the age of fourteen, he made his first international appearance. He won the European Championship in both singles and doubles, and he was even a member of the winning team. In 2001, Novak ten was a member of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia’s ‘Junior Davis Cup’ team, which reached the finals.
However, he lost his singles match and was unable to win any ‘Grand Slam’ titles. In February 2004, Novak had a combined junior world ranking of twenty-four.
What is the Net Worth of Novak Djokovic?
Throughout his professional career, Novak Djokovic has amassed a sizable fortune. Novak Djokovic’s net worth is currently estimated to be around $220 million. The competitions in which Novak has competed and won are the main source of income for the Serbian tennis player.
Novak must have made money from a variety of sponsors and endorsements. In fact, Novak Djokovic is the first male tennis player to have won all nine Masters 1000 tournaments.
Who is Novak Djokovic’s Wife?
Novak Djokovic began a romantic relationship with Jelena Risti in the year 2005. The couple’s engagement was finally announced in September 2013. The wedding of the Serbian couple took place on July 10, 2014, in “Sveti Stefan,” a minor islet and hotel resort in Montenegro.
Their church wedding took place on July 12th in the ‘Church of Saint Stephen.’ Novak Djokovic and his wife’s son, Stefan, were born on October 21, 2014. Apart from that, Novak Djokovic has never been involved in any rumors or contentious issues.
What are the Body Measurements of Novak Djokovic?
Novak Djokovic’s body measurements show that he stands at a good height of 6 feet 2 inches or 188 cm. A professional tennis player should also have a bodyweight of around 172 pounds (78 kg).
Similarly, Novak Djokovic has a chest measurement of 38 inches (97 cm) and a biceps measurement of 13 inches (33 cm). Novak’s waist measurement is 32 inches or 81 cm, and he wears a shoe size of 10, 5 (US). Furthermore, Novak Djokovic has a medium skin tone, hazel eyes, and dark brown hair.
When Did Novak Djokovic Begin Career?
- Novak Djokovic became a professional in 2003 after competing in his first ATP Challenger Series and Futures tournaments.
- In fact, in the first three years of his career, Novak won three awards of every type. Novak was qualified for his first Grand Slam tournament, the Australian Open, in 2005, but was knocked out in the first round by Marat Safin. Djokovic entered the business world in 2005 when his family founded the ‘Family Sport.’ In 2009, the company purchased the “Dutch Open,” an ATP tournament.
- It was later relocated to Serbia and renamed “Serbia Open.” Marián Vajda has been Novak’s trainer since 2006, and Boris Becker has been his head trainer since December 2013.
- Novak then won his first two ATP titles in 2006, winning the Dutch Open and the Moselle Open. In the same year, Novak entered the ATP top twenty rankings list.
- In 2007, he also won the ‘Master Series,’ taking first place at the event in Key Biscayne and propelling him into the world’s top ten list.
- Novak’s most notable achievement came in the same year’s “Roger Cup,” where he defeated the world’s top three ranked competitors, Andy Roddick, Rafael Nadal, and Roger Federer. Then, the ‘Olympic Committee of Serbia’ named Novak the best athlete in Serbia, and he was awarded the ‘Golden Badge.’ Novak’s ‘Grand Slam’ singles title was out at the ‘Australian Open’ in 2008.
- There, Novak defeated champion Roger Federer and unseeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Novak won his first ‘Tennis Masters Cup’ title the same year.
- Novak went on to join the Serbian team that won the Davis Cup after defeating France in 2010.
- Then, in 2011, Djokovic won three of the four ‘Grand Slam titles, including the US Open, Wimbledon, and the Australian Open.
- Novak won ten tournaments in a row, winning forty-three consecutive matches. Novak’s victory brings his total of ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles to five.
- Novak Djokovic reached the pinnacle of victory on July 4, 2011, when he successfully defended his World No. 1 ranking.
- Novak established a new record in the “ATP World Tour” after winning a $12 million single-season money prize.’ Then, in 2012 and 2013, Novak won the ‘Australian Open’ by defeating Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray, respectively, but he was defeated by Stan Wawrinka in 2014.
- Novak reclaimed the title in 2015 after defeating Wawrinka and Murray. Novak won the title again in January 2016 after defeating Murray.
- Djokovic won four other ATP World Tour finals in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. In 2014, he defeated Roger Federer to win his second Wimbledon singles title.
- Novak won his second ‘US Open’ singles title in 2015 after defeating Federer. That year, he won three “Grand Slam” titles and the “Miami Open” three times on April 3, 2016.
- He then defeated Dominic Thiem in the ‘Kooyong Classic’ exhibition tournament in January 2018.
- He defeated John Millman and won the ‘Japan Open’ in October 2019. Similarly, Novak defeated Nadal to win the 2019 ‘Australian Open,’ and he also defeated Roger Federer to win the 2019 ‘Wimbledon Championships.’ He also defeated Roger Federer at the 2020 ‘Australian Open,’ and he defeated Dominic Thiem once more to win his eighth Australian Open title.
- Novak has also appeared on several television shows, including “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” “El Hormiguero,” and “Live with Regis and Kelly.” Similarly, Novak appeared in the music video for “Hello.” Novak Djokovic established the ‘Novak Djokovic Foundation’ in November 2007 to provide needy kids in Serbia with education and other necessities for a productive life.
- Djokovic even donated $20,000 to the ‘Melbourne City Mission”s early childhood education program in 2016 to help needy kids.