Who is William Troost-Ekong?
William Paul Troost-Ekong is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays for Watford in the Premier League and captains the Nigeria national team as a center-back. He began his football career with Bishop’s Stortford FC’s youth team.
Quick Facts of William Troost-Ekong
|Full Name:||William Troost-Ekong|
|Birthday:||September 1, 1993|
|Net Worth:||£1.4 million|
|Height:||6 feet 3 inches|
|Sibling:||Emily and Everest|
What is the Age of William Troost-Ekong?
On September 1, 1993, William Paul Troost-Ekong was born. His birthplace is Haarlem, Netherlands. He was born in the Netherlands to a Dutch mother, Eleanore Troost, and an unknown Nigerian father. He has two siblings, Emily and Everest, a sister and a younger brother.
He went to Hockerill Anglo-European College in Bishop’s Stortford, near London, for secondary school. He is a dual nationality of the Netherlands and Nigeria. He is of mixed ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
Who is William Troost-Ekong’s Wife?
In terms of his personal life, he is a married man. In a private ceremony in London, he married his longtime girlfriend, Molly. Oscar Ekong, the couple’s only son, was born. He has a close relationship with his wife and son, and they live happy life together.
What is the Net Worth of William Troost-Ekong?
William Troost-Ekong earns a living as a professional football player. Contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements provide the majority of his income. As of 2022, his net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million, with a salary of £1.4 million. His market value is estimated to be around €5 million.
What is the Height of William Troost-Ekong?
William Troost-Ekong is 1.91m tall, or 6 feet and 3 inches tall. He weighs 74 kilograms. He has a muscular physique. His eyes are dark brown, and his hair is black. His sexual orientation is heterosexual. His other body measurements, such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size, are still unknown. He has a healthy body overall.
When did William Troost-Ekong Begin his Career?
- He began his football career with Bishop’s Stortford FC’s youth team.
- He joined Fulham’s youth team in 2008 and played there until 2010.
- In 2010, he joined Tottenham Hotspur’s youth team, where he remained until 2013.
- He joined FC Groningen on a free transfer on July 23, 2013, and began his career there.
- He was loaned out to FC Dordrecht on 29 January 2014, where he made 36 appearances and scored once in all competitions.
- He signed for Belgian club KAA Gent on a free transfer on July 27, 2015, and was immediately loaned out to Norwegian club FK Haugesund, where he made 41 appearances, scoring four goals and providing two assists across all competitions.
- On 20 January 2017, he made his KAA Gent debut in a 1-0 win over RSC Charleroi. During the 2016-17 season, he appeared for the club in all competitions eight times.
- On July 11, 2017, he signed a contract with the Turkish Super Lig club Bursaspor. On 11 August 2017, he made his debut for the club in a 1-0 loss to Basaksehir. In a 4-2 win over Yeni Malatyaspor on September 16, 2017, he scored his first goal for the club. During the 2017-18 season, he appeared in 31 games for the club, scoring two goals in all competitions.
- He joined the Italian Serie A club Udinese on August 17, 2018. On August 19, 2018, he made his debut for the club in a 2-2 draw against Parma. During the 2018-19 season, he made 35 appearances for the club across all competitions, helping Udinese finish 12th in the league.
- During the 2019-20 season, he made 31 appearances for the club across all competitions, helping Udinese finish 13th in the league.
- He signed a five-year contract with EFL Championship club Watford on September 29, 2020. On 16 October 2020, he made his debut for the club in a 1-0 win over Derby.
- He scored his first goal for the club in a 3-2 win over Coventry on November 7, 2020. He made 33 appearances for the club in his first season, scoring once in all competitions as Watford won promotion to the Premier League.
- On 14 August 2021, he made his Premier League debut for the club in a 3-2 win over Aston Villa.
- He was born in the Netherlands into a Dutch-Nigerian family and was eligible for both the Netherlands and Nigeria in international football.
- At various age levels, he has represented both the Netherlands and Nigeria.
- Despite having represented the Netherlands at the U19 and U20 youth levels, he ultimately chose to represent Nigeria.
- He has represented Nigeria at both the U23 and senior levels.
- On June 13, 2015, he made his international debut for Nigeria in a 2-0 win over Chad in an AFCON qualifying match.
- Nigeria named him to their 35-man provisional squad for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- In a 1-1 friendly draw with DR Congo on May 28, 2018, he scored his first international goal for Nigeria.
- He was named to Nigeria’s 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in June 2018.
- He was named to the country’s 23-man squad for the African Cup of Nations in June 2019, where Nigeria won the bronze medal.
- Nigeria U23 won a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympics.